Most of us know volunteering is a good thing. It feels good to do good. But there's much more to it. Volunteering gives something back. It can help build new skills. It adds balance and variety to a CV. In this age of networking, it can help you create useful contacts, great friends and improve your quality of life. It helps build your community and it is fun!
What we offer
Voluntary work at the hospice offers many opportunities including:
- A worthwhile and rewarding role
- The ability to contribute to the quality of patients' care
- The chance to feel valued
- Useful experience towards further training and career choices
- Increased confidence and people skills
- Meeting new people and making new friends
If you speak to people who already volunteer, they will tell you that they do it because they love it.