Hear from our volunteers about working with us...
- Verity - volunteering at Zest shop, Ipswich
- Vacha - volunteering with Zest X-Change
- Kevin - volunteering for events & at hospice
- Jo Mann - volunteering at the hospice
- Annie - volunteering on the Inpatient Unit, Ipswich
- Jo - volunteering at Heath Road Coffee Shop
- Sue - working with volunteer admin team
- Roma - volunteering at Zest shop, Ipswich
"Being volunteers is very rewarding and it is wonderful to be part of such a caring team."
"I've made some great friends whilst being here"
"Through volunteering I gained confidence and learnt new skills"
"Volunteering for Zest has given me real-world job experience"
"I love to work within the garden here at the hospice and take away with me at the end of the day a feeling that I have helped create something that patients will enjoy, and that I hope will brighten their day."
"People often have the misconception volunteering at a hospice will be depressing. This is not the case. Yes it can be sad at times, but you are helping and meeting people who are making the most of life and time and this is rewarding."
There are many ways you can support the hospice by volunteering, whether it’s in one of our shops, our Inpatient Unit, Day Services or our events team, to name but a few. Our current volunteer vacancies provide more details on the variety of roles; if you have a skill you’d like to offer us, please contact us and we might find just the role for you.