We are lucky to have more than 1,100 volunteers at St Elizabeth Hospice. They range in age from 16 to 95 and contribute in a variety of ways across all our departments, and in the local community. Over half of our volunteers support our shops and Retail Centre. All our volunteers play a vital part in the work of the Hospice.
Other roles include:
- Manning the reception desk
- Helping on our Inpatient Units
- Co-ordinating creative activities for Day Care patients
- Complementary therapy for patients and their carers
- Helping the catering team
- Helping out at Hospice organised events, as well as third party events
- Maintaining the beautiful Hospice garden
- Driving – either patients or ensuring our shops are well stocked
We welcome individuals as well as groups from local organisations or businesses who wish to donate their time and skills.
Volunteering is a way to:
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Increase confidence
- Gain experience in a work environment
- Use the valuable skills you already have
- Make a difference
Why it’s important
By donating their precious time and valuable skills, our volunteers saved us an incredible £1.01million
in the last year, money which we can use to support our patients and their families and carers.
Between them, our volunteers contribute more than 2,000 hours of work a week.