We have developed an accredited certification award for care homes who wish to improve their delivery of palliative and end of life care.
The Hospice Education accredited certification for care homes shows your clients, families and professionals with whom you work, that you offer good professional standards in end of life care. St Elizabeth Hospice covers care homes in Suffolk whilst St Helena cover care homes in North East Essex.
How you and your clients will benefit:
What your clients and their loved ones will gain:
- Peace of mind about the quality of care they will receive.
- Assurance that your care home meets professional standards for end of life care locally.
- Confidence that your care home is staffed by a team of skilled professionals who provide compassionate and high-quality care.
- Help in making an informed decision when choosing a care home.
What you’ll gain:
- Development of knowledge and skills in end of life care from experienced, senior professionals in our Hospice Education team.
- Positive relationships with other care providers.
- Enhanced reputation in the local community.
The award was originally created by St Elizabeth Hospice and confirms that care homes have undertaken a supported self-improvement programme consisting of accredited training, education and development, to improve practice and raise standards of end of life care. The accredited certification checklist will validate your end of life practice with links to staff knowledge, skills and awareness.
Through a range of training, shadowing, and critical friend visits, Hospice Education works with care homes to develop the skills of their workforce and achieve best practice in end of life care.
Organisations who have achieved the accreditation in Suffolk include:
- Cedrus House
- Westerfield House
- Cotman House
Get in touch
If you would like to find out more about accreditation for your organisation, please contact the education team for help on 01473 707017