Registration opens 15 November 2023 & closes Sunday 7 January 2024
We will be collecting Christmas trees from homes,
businesses and churches in the following postcodes:
IP1, IP2, IP3, IP4, IP5, IP6, IP7, IP8, IP9, IP10, IP11, IP12, IP13, IP14, IP15, IP16, IP17, IP18, CO11
Thursday 11 January 2024 – Friday 12 January 2024
By treecycling with us this year, you will be helping polar bear Ewa at Jimmy's Farm & Wildlife Park as the chippings from the trees will be used for Ewa's new home!
A few key points to remember:
- Your tree will be collected on Thursday 11 and Friday 12 January
- Remove all decorations
- We kindly ask that if your tree is over 10 foot, to cut it in half so that our volunteers can easily manoeuvre it into the van
- Please leave your tree outside your property in a visible and accessible location. Our crew are unable to enter inside your homes/buildings
- Our amazing corporate volunteers are Amazon, Medequip and Cadent Gas. So do not be alarmed if you see a delivery driver collecting your tree!
- If we are unable to collect your tree for any reason, you will receive a calling card and you will need to contact us by Sunday 14 January to arrange another collection. We will return on Tuesday 16 January
- We will try our best to collect all trees during these two days, so please sit back and be patient whilst our volunteers are working hard to reach everyone
A huge thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers who are dedicating their time to make this collection happen. We could not do it without them!
Please email Kelly.Nekrews@stelizabethhospice.org.uk if you have any questions about this week’s collection.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We just ask for a donation to support St Elizabeth Hospice & EACH for us to collect your tree. Take a look at the suggested donations below and how you can help the hospice:
- £10 – your donation will go towards a 90-minute consultation between a nurse consultant and patient in the hospice. Over the Christmas period the hospice continues to receive referrals.
- £20 – your donation will go towards physiotherapy given to a patient whose aim is to improve mobility enabling them to get home for Christmas to be with family and friends.
- £30 – your contribution will help towards the reassurance a clinical nurse specialist could provide a family whose loved one is in the latter stages of illness at home, at Christmas. This means they can spend their precious last moments together, in peace.
Please leave your real Christmas tree at the front of your house by 9am on Thursday 11 January. We kindly request that you leave it in an obvious location so our volunteers can easily collect and move on to the next property.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept any further registrations after Sunday 7 January. If you would still like to support or donate to the hospice, please contact our fundraising team by calling 01473 723600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no need to stay at home during the collection days. Just put your tree out and we will collect!
We are unable to book a specific date or time as our volunteers will be focusing on different routes around Suffolk. Your tree could be collected anytime between the 11 and 12 January.
If you forgot to put out your tree or it had been missed for a particular reason, then please email email@example.com by 10:00am on Monday 15 January and we will confirm an alternative collection time. Please note, no trees will be collected over the weekend and we cannot collect trees after the deadline.
Your tree will make its way to one of our designated drop off points in Suffolk and it will be chipped then recycled into biofuel.
If you are an individual or company who would like to support us with this wonderful campaign, please call the volunteer team on 01473 707939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.