A Buzz is being created to inspire supporters to spread the word and ensure St Elizabeth Hospice services grow for the future.
The charity is appealing for people across East Suffolk and South Norfolk to join its new Buzz Squad, which was officially launched today.
The Buzz Squad is a network of volunteers who learn about the Hospice and then tell people in their town or village about the work it does.
Buzz squadron leaders are also being recruited to learn more about the Hospice and co-ordinate activity in their local community.
Helen Causer, St Elizabeth Hospice’s Head of Community Engagement, said: “Our new Buzz Squad is an exciting new way for us to engage with our local communities and empower people to support their local Hospice and shape its future growth.
“The need for Hospice care is growing and our Buzz Squad will play a key part in helping us manage this growth for the future. There are many simple ways to get involved depending on how much time and commitment people would like to devote.”
Simple ways to get involved with the Buzz Squad include:
- Give valuable feedback on the Hospice
- Spread the word – tell people about St Elizabeth Hospice services and how the charity relies on donations and volunteers to provide them
- Distribute collection pots to shops and other businesses in your local community
- Nominate St Elizabeth Hospice to be the Charity of the Year at your work
- Take part in one of the Hospice’s sponsored events or tell others that might be interested
- Collect donations of stock for the Hospice’s shops in your local community
- Collect old stamps, mobile phones and ink cartridges
- Invite a Hospice speaker to talk at any group you belong to
- Organise your own fundraising event