The New Year heralds a new line up of fundraising events for members of the public to take part in to raise money for St Elizabeth Hospice.
The Hospice’s 2011 events booklet has just been launched and is now available to download or copies can be sent in the post.
There are several new activities scheduled for 2011 for people to take part in to raise funds for the Hospice – including a Royal Wedding garden party, a concert and an equestrian event. There is also a new location for the Great Xscape and a new twist for the hugely popular Midnight Walk.
Whether you are looking for a challenge or something slightly more sedate, take a pick from the varied line up or just put the date in your new diary for future reference.
- Sign up for the popular ladies only Midnight Walk which takes place on Saturday 14th May and this year features more entertainment and a new route which will include a poignant moment for reflection outside the Hospice. Online registration opens in January www.midnightwalkipswich.co.uk
- Take part in an open air remembrance service on the beach and a beautiful Walk of Thoughts around Dunwich Heath on Sunday 6th March
- Toast the Royal couple at our garden party at Glemham Hall on Friday 29th April, while watching the ceremony on a big screen.
- Cyclists gear up for our second On Your Bike! Cycle ride scheduled for September
- Adventurous people can take part in the Great Xscape on April 9th where teams of three or four are dropped off at a secret location and have to find their way home.
- And for adrenaline junkies there are skydives, abseils or a climb Mount Kilimanjaro or a hike along the Great Walk of China to choose from
Rachael Mittell, the Hospice’s community fundraiser, said: “The events we organise generate a huge amount of money towards the £6.6 million we need a year to keep the Hospice running and are always well supported by the people of Suffolk. We really do hope there is something for everyone this year!”
For more information, call 01473 723600 or email email@example.com