The Hospice’s 2013 Events and Challenges booklet was launched on December 31st.
Take your pick from:
- Men and women, sign up for a sponsored night-time Midnight Walk or run which takes place on Saturday 18th May.
- Take a reflective Walk of Thoughts around Ipswich to remember a loved one on Sunday 3rd March
- Adventurous people can take part in the Great Xscape on Saturday 6th April. The mission: for teams of 3 or 4 to be blindfolded, driven to a secret location and challenged to find their way back with no money, mobiles or maps
- Cyclists can take part in the Suffolk Coast Bike Ride from Glemham Hall on Sunday 4th August in aid of the Hospice, RideLondon 100, London to Paris or Tour of the Thunder Dragon in Bhutan.
- Gardeners, open your garden, no matter how big or small throughout the summer. Visitors are asked to make a donation to the Hospice
- And for adrenaline junkies there are skydives from Beccles Airfield, a climb up Kilimanjaro or other overseas challenges.
Rachael Maidment, of St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “The Hospice needs to raise £8.7m a year to continue to provide its services free of charge in East Suffolk and South Norfolk so we always try and organise a range of fundraising events for supporters to choose from.
“Whether you are looking for a challenge or something slightly more sedate, take a pick from the varied line up or just put a date in your 2013 diary for future reference.”
To see a copy of our events booklet online, please click here: