A host of new fundraising events have been announced for 2012 for people across Suffolk wishing to support St Elizabeth Hospice.
There are a wide range of activities scheduled for the New Year for members of the public to take part in including; the return of the hugely popular Midnight Walk, the poignant Walk of Thoughts and the adventurous Great Xscape.
However there are also some new events for 2012 including a fundraising Zumbathon on January 15th at The Copleston Centre, Foxhall Road, Ipswich.
Take your pick from:
- Sign up for our popular ladies only Midnight Walk which takes place on Saturday 19th May. Online registration opens at the end of January at www.midnightwalkipswich.co.uk
- Take a reflective Walk of Thoughts around Felixstowe to remember a loved one on Sunday 4th March
- Adventurous people can take part in the Great Xscape on Saturday 14th April. The mission: for teams of 3 or 4 to be blindfolded, driven to a secret location and challenged to find their way back with no money, mobiles or maps
- Take to the water at the East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival in Oulton Broad on Sunday 27th May where crews of 15 are invited to enter this fun and challenging event
- Gardeners, open your garden, no matter how big or small throughout the summer. Visitors are asked to make a donation to the Hospice
- And for adrenaline junkies there are skydives, a climb to Kilimanjaro or a trek along the Great Wall of China to choose from
Rachael Maidment, St Elizabeth Hospice’s Senior Community Fundraiser, said: “The Hospice needs to raise £6.6m a year to continue to provide its services free of charge so we always try and organise a range of fundraising events for supporters to choose from.
“Whether you are looking for a challenge or something slightly more sedate, take a pick from the varied line up or just put a date in your 2012 diary for future reference.”