Ipswich Town Football Club has kicked off an exciting partnership to support Suffolk hospices by launching a VIP match day auction and text to donate campaign.
The initiative is part of the Club’s support for the Football League’s Official Charity for 2011/12, Help the Hospices and all the proceeds will be split between the county’s three hospices – St Elizabeth Hospice, St Nicholas Hospice Care and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
The Club has donated four pairs of tickets for a buy VIP day out – including meeting two Town legends – at the home game against Bristol City on Saturday 3rd March which are to be auctioned to the highest email bidders.
Fans are also urged to show their support for the hospices by text donating £5. Fans simply text ITFC99 £5 to 70070 throughout the season or they can donate online at www.justgiving.com/VIPday.
The VIP day up for auction includes:
- Meeting ITFC legends Simon Milton and Bryan Hamilton
- A pair of tickets to the Bristol City home game in one of the Club’s corporate boxes
- A champagne reception in the box
- A three course meal in the club restaurant
- A pitch side photo
- A pre-match tour with Simon Milton
This is a unique experience put together especially for the partnership. Bids for a pair of VIP tickets should be made by email to VIPday@stnh.org.uk by midnight on Sunday 19th February. You must be 16 or over to bid but there is no age restriction on attending the VIP day. See terms and conditions below.
The campaign will continue at the Bristol City game on 3rd March when the highest bidders in the VIP auction will be treated to their day out and fans will be able to donate to a bucket collection. Thirty hospice staff and volunteers will be invited to the game as a reward for their hard work.
Camilla Haycock, ITFC’s Media and PR Manager, said: “We’d like to encourage as many fans as possible to bid for the VIP match day experience or text through a donation to 70070, helping our local hospices to continue the fantastic support they give to help the people of Suffolk.”
A spokesperson for all three Suffolk hospices said: “Hospice care is free for everyone who needs it but is not free to provide. We are grateful for the chance ITFC has given us to highlight the services we offer to the local community and how much we rely on support and fundraising to provide them.”
Auction terms and conditions
- Bids will only be accepted via email to the address VIPday@stnh.org.uk
- Bids will be accepted from 14 January to 19 February at 23.59pm. Any bids received outside this period will not be considered.
- The four highest bids will each win one pair of tickets
- In the event that winning bids are tied, the first of these bids received will win the tickets
- You must be available to travel to and attend the game on 3 March. Travel is not included.
- All bids received will be acknowledged by email. Bids are only accepted once we have confirmed receipt. The auction organiser not taking any liability for emails not received, even if the sender believes it has been received
- Winners will be notified on 20 February. If we have not received a response to this notification by Friday 24 February then the tickets will be passed to the next highest bidder. Payment must be received before the game (i.e. by 2 March at the latest).
- Date of the match is subject to change by the Football League