East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival raises thousands of pounds for St Elizabeth Hospice.
The East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival held at Lowestoft on Sunday 27th May raised thousands of pounds for St Elizabeth Hospice.
Crowds flocked to Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad, for the races organised by Gable Events.
Twenty teams including competitors from businesses in Lowestoft, Norwich, Woodbridge and Ipswich, all went head-to-head in the dragon boats, as families lined the side of the water to enjoy the racing on a bright sunny day.
St Elizabeth Hospice had a stand on the day to raise awareness of its new local services for local people and crews raised sponsorship for the charity.
The Hospice’s income generation manager Douglas Flood said: “It was a fantastic day and I would like to thank everyone who supported the event – the crews and their companies, the spectators, the volunteers, BBC Radio Suffolk, the Lowestoft Journal, Waveney District Council and of course Gable Events.”
The winners were Team Elite (pictured below) from Elite Interiors UK Ltd, of Lowestoft, with a time of 59.18, beating last year’s champions Team Expro by less than a second.
St Elizabeth Hospice improves lives for people living with a progressive illness and their families in East Suffolk, North Essex and South East Norfolk.
1) 59.18 – Team Elite from Elite Interiors UK Ltd
2) 59.91 – Team Expro from Expro North Sea (pictured right)
3) 60.30 – Bengal Tigers from ISMC (pictured below)
Mixed event winners (with five or more females)
1) It’s All Gone Pete Wong from Ransome Mobility
2) The Sea Jays from CJ Electrical
1) Morgan Swimdell from Morgan Sindall
2) Team Elite from Elite Interiors UK Ltd
1) Wally Sparks from IDM Electrical Ltd (right)
For more pictures click here