Closing Date: 16/12/2023
Our Inpatient Unit is looking for Ward Clerk volunteers to help support the team at various times across the week. We have shifts available on Saturday afternoon and Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon and Sunday evening. Afternoon shifts are 13.00 to 17.00 and evening shifts are 17.00 to 20.00.
Some of the tasks include:-
- Answering all calls on the IPU in a timely and helpful manner, passing calls on to relevant staff as soon as possible, or taking messages and ensuring these are passed on as soon as possible
- Welcoming visitors to the IPU and providing assistance to them as appropriate
- Maintaining the IPU diary
- Ordering medications
- Liaising with organisations such as hospitals, GP surgeries, funeral directors when needed
- Updating and maintaining computerised patient information using SystmOne
All volunteers will receive training to support them in their role.
Please see the role description below for further details.
St Elizabeth Hospice has a volunteer mileage/expenses policy which allows volunteers to claim expenses and mileage incurred whilst carrying out their role for the hospice.
If you are interested in this volunteering role please complete the application form. If you need any help or would like further information, please call the volunteer team on 01473 707939 or email the volunteer team at email@example.com