Status: Temporary - 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £11,160 per annum (WTE: £18,600)
Closing Date: 12/06/2022
t Elizabeth Hospice is seeking a proactive, creative and dynamic individual who is forward thinking ensuring our retail shops continually meet the progressive and ever changing world of ‘charity retail’.
St Elizabeth Hospice is an independent charity and hospice, which improves life for people in the east Suffolk, Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas living with a progressive or life-limiting illness.
Established in 1989, the hospice has built a reputation for delivering high-level care to patients and the community it serves. Through medicine and therapy, they ease pain; give life purpose and make life liveable. Last year the charity supported over 3,000 patients and their families.
The hospice’s work is centred on the individual’s needs and they provide specialist support wherever it is needed; whether that is in the home, another setting in the community, in hospital or in the hospice itself. Support is provided to patients and their families via the Inpatient Unit, the Community Care Unit including outpatient’s clinics, home visits from the community nursing, medical or therapy team, the OneCall 24/7 telephone helpline and bereavement support.
As a Relief Assistant Shop Manager you will be required to work with the Shop Manager to take responsibility for day to day organisation of the shop.
- Achieve agreed financial budgets.
- Promote and monitor Gift Aid.
- Provide a high standard of customer service and satisfaction at all times to both external and internal customers.
- Maintain high standards of merchandising, layout and display.
- Work with and manage a team of volunteers who are integral to our business.
- Provide cover across the local portfolio of retail shops as required by Area Manager to cover holiday and sickness.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For more details about this role please read the job description and person specification.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.