Our volunteer roles
There are a wide variety of roles available within many areas at the Hospice and something to suit everyone. Satisfaction in volunteering is all about matching your skills, interests, passions and personality with available opportunities.
We have various roles with some listed below:
- Ward helper on the Inpatient Unit (IPU)
- Ward clerk
- Hosts to day care patients
- Activity volunteers - preparing and delivering activities such as arts and crafts, hobbies and group sessions to day care patients
- Volunteers to help at fundraising events
- Charity pot collectors
- Ambassadors, who represent St Elizabeth Hospice at various fundraising events (e.g. cheque presentations) and give talks about the work of the Hospice
- Lottery Collectors
- Chaplaincy volunteers help with providing spiritual care to patients, relatives and staff.
- Family support
- Complementary Therapy
- Clinic Volunteer
- Beauty care and manicures
- Volunteer Driver
- Building and maintenance
View our current volunteer vacancies
For further information, please contact our volunteer team on 01473 707016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not read about the different volunteers currently helping us such as Betty who helps in our shop in Nacton Road, Ipswich. She said: "Volunteering has made such a difference to my life, I really love it. The ladies are lovely, they are such a nice crowd and we have a laugh. The Hospice is such a good cause, they do a wonderful job. Volunteering at the shop is the best thing I ever did, now I feel wanted and I am doing something with my life."