What to donate and how
Donations of the following items can be taken directly to any of our shops:
To find your nearest shop, please click here
- Small electrical goods
- Accessories (such as scarves, belts, ties etc.)
- Soft furnishings
- Kitchen equipment
How to donate furniture
We always welcome the donation of good quality items of furniture; however we are unable to accept these donations at our shops. If you would like to donate furniture to us, please call 0845 259 0319, and we will arrange to come and collect it from you.
To comply with current Trading Standards regulations, all upholstered furniture must have an intact Fire Safety Label, otherwise we unfortunately will not be able to accept it.
With our loyalty scheme, you can earn points for every pound you spend in a St Elizabeth Hospice shop.
Collect 100 points and you will be given £1 credit to spend in any of our stores.
Even better, your loyalty card doubles up as your Gift Aid card too (see below for details) - so whilst you're earning points, for every pound you donate, or we make from the sale of your items, we can collect an extra 25p.
It's free to sign up, just pop in to your nearest Hospice shop and you can take your loyalty card away with you.
Terms and conditions:
- The loyalty card is operated by St Elizabeth Hospice.
- The loyalty card is valid in the United Kingdom at participating St Elizabeth Hospice shops. It is not valid elsewhere.
- To register for the loyalty card you must complete the application form in store.
- Your loyalty card is personal to you and neither the loyalty card nor points are transferable.
- If you lose your loyalty card you should write to Retail team, St Elizabeth Hospice, 565 Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP3 8LX and a replacement card will be sent to your registered address. St Elizabeth Hospice cannot be held liable for the loss of any accrued points.
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right, on notice, such notice to be publicised in notices at participating shops and also published on our website to change the terms and conditions of the loyalty card to reflect any legal requirement or for any other necessary and reasonable reason.
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right on notice to: (i) alter the goods included or excluded in the loyalty card scheme; (ii) alter the products on which points may be earned; (iii) alter the minimum spend required to earn points; (iv) alter the number of points per amount spent; (v) alter the number of points required to be redeemed against any goods; and (vi) to change the number of participating shops at any time.
The Government operates a scheme called Gift Aid that allows charities to claim the basic rate tax on every pound donated. We can now claim Gift Aid on the items you donate to our shops which increases their value by a further 25%.
It's really simple to do:
A sticker with your unique donor number will be attached to the items you have donated and once they have been sold, we will let you know how much money you have helped us to raise.
- When you visit one of our shops and donate items, ask a member of the team for details about Gift Aid.
- They will take your contact details and give you your own Gift Aid donor card with a unique donor number.
- Please remember to bring your card with you every time you donate items.
For example, a book sold for £1 will raise an additional 25p and a sofa sold for £100 will raise a further extra £25 at no extra cost to you or to the customer.
To qualify for the Gift Aid scheme, you must be a UK tax payer and have paid enough Income or Capital Gains tax to cover all of your donations to charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs). Please note that council tax and VAT do not apply.
Under current legislation we must write to you each time we claim Gift Aid on your donation of goods. When you sign up, please select the email notification option which will reduce our administrative costs.
Donations we can't accept
We are unable to accept or sell the following items:
We are members of the Charity Retail Association and conform to the Code of Charity Retailing, so you can shop and donate with confidence. Click here to find out more.
- Unsold car boot stock or jumble
- Nursery furniture (cots, highchairs etc)
- Car seats or car safety equipment
- Crash helmets
- Cycle helmets
- Riding hats
- Large electrical items
- White goods