Shop Hop 2024 Terms and Conditions for Participants
These Terms and Conditions apply to anyone taking part in the Shop Hop 2024. We want to ensure you have as much fun as possible, so please read through them carefully. Upon registration to this event, you agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions. If you are the parent or guardian of a child participating in the event aged 18 or are registering on behalf of someone else or a group, you agree and accept these Terms and Conditions on their behalf.
Bookings, Prices and Payment
- Registration for the event is accept via online registration Enthuse platform.
- Please carefully enter all relevant details when booking online, and ensure your email address is correct as you will receive entry confirmation of your online booking using the email address provided, and we will use this email to communicate with you regarding the event.
- Registration for the event is open and will close on Wednesday 8 May, or once all places are filled.
- The cost of entry is £35 for adults.
- Participants with a disability are entitled to one free entry for a carer to assist in taking part in the event.
- All transactions will incur a booking administration fee.
- Registration is not available on the day.
- The cost of entry entitles the participant to one entry and a medal.
- We may from time to time offer promotional discounts on the cost of entry. Discounts will not be able to be claimed retrospectively for entries already confirmed.
- If you are making a group booking, please ensure you fill out the personal details of each individual taking part. We will contact you if you do not provide this.
- We are only able to offer refunds if the participant is unable to take part due to exceptional circumstances such as loss of a close relative or injury preventing participation. Please contact us where this is the case.
- Subject the above, tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you unable to participate in the event please let us know as soon as possible. You must not exchange, sell or transfer your entry ticket to anyone else and we reserve the right to refuse participation where this is found to have taken place.
- A QR coded ticket will be emailed to the supplied email address upon registration closing.
- Participants should not bring sponsorship money received on the day of the event as there is nowhere to store it and keep it safe, and therefore we cannot be liable or responsible for its safekeeping. Instead, you can bring any sponsorship money received in person to the Hospice in an envelope marked for the attention of the Fundraising Team.
- Participants are permitted to fundraise for the event via online platforms such as Enthuse or Just Giving and through our website. A Enthuse giving page is automatically created for you upon registration.
- You must make it clear to any sponsors that 100% of their sponsorship will be passed onto St Elizabeth Hospice.
- Participants are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money raised in relation to the event to pay for expenses incurred such as travel and accommodation, and must pass on 100% of the sponsorship money raised to St Elizabeth Hospice. If you fail to do so you may be committing a criminal offence and we reserve the right to reject any future applications from you to participate in events on behalf of St Elizabeth Hospice.
- You must use lawful means and not do anything that may cause harm to St Elizabeth Hospice at all times when fundraising.
- There is a minimum sponsorship of £125. If you cannot reach this target please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For participants with a disability, please contact us on 01473 723600 for more details about the event and discuss reasonable adjustments.
- If you are pregnant we advise you contact your GP to seek professional medical advice prior to entering. You take part at your own risk and St Elizabeth Hospice can accept no liability or responsibility for potential issues for mother or child as a result of participation.
- Please wear appropriate clothing to cycle the distance.
- This event is a strictly no smoking or vaping event.
- We will operate the event with zero tolerance to alcohol consumption or the use of illegal substances prior or during the event. St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove from the event anyone under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances or consumption of either during the event in the interests of safety for everyone involved without liability.
- We will have zero tolerance to abusive behaviour of any kind including verbal, emotional or physical harm towards our staff, volunteers, participants or anyone associated with the event including the general public and passers-by, and we will remove you from the event immediately without liability and may report any actions as a criminal offence to the police where appropriate.
- The safety of everyone involved in the event is paramount and you must follow all instructions and guidelines at all times. Failure to do so may lead to us refusing entry or removing you from the event.
- You are advised to take out suitable insurance to cover for personal injury. However, it is not a requirement to participate and is at your own risk if you choose not to do so.
Changes to the Event and Cancellation
- We reserve the right to alter the time of the event at any time without liability.
- We will communicate any changes to the event to you via the email address provided by you during the booking process.
- Where we are required to delay, postpone or cancel the event due to reasons beyond our reasonable control (force majeure), we will endeavour to reschedule the event and permit entry to all previously paid participants. If you are unable to participate in the rescheduled event we will offer you a refund.
- Where we are required to delay, postpone or cancel the event due to reasons beyond our reasonable control (force majeure), we cannot accept any liability for losses you may suffer including but not limited to travel or accommodation expenses incurred.
- We will communicate with you via email and social media regarding updates of the event, particularly if events such as inclement weather or industrial action may affect the event.
Photography and Video
- Photographs and videos may be taken at the event for publicity purposes to help promote the event and create memories for those taking part, and will be used on St Elizabeth Hospice promotional materials. By entering the event you agree for St Elizabeth Hospice to use any materials you may feature in for the purposes outlined above. If you do not wish to be included in any materials please let us know by emailing email@example.com
- Photographs and videos will come from a wide range of sources, including spectators, on a voluntary basis and is beyond the control of St Elizabeth Hospice. If approached by a photographer or videographer, we ask that you participate in good spirits, however if you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please let them know politely when approached. We reserve the right to use photographs or videos supplied to us by third parties where you might be included for the reasons outlined above.
- St Elizabeth Hospice takes the protection of your information seriously. The Charity is committed to ensuring that it complies with the eight principles of good practice within GPDR 2018. We only obtain personal information with your consent and will only use it in a fair and lawful way to further the objectives of the Charity. We will always store your personal details securely. We will use them to provide you with the service that you have requested, and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have agreed to. Your data may also be used for analysis purposes, to help us to provide the best service possible. We will only allow your information to be used by suppliers working on our behalf for the purposes of delivering the services, and we will only share it if required to do so by law.
You can find our full policy on our website at www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk/privacy-policy
- Personal details will need to be passed to OnVenture who are facilitating the event. They require the data to produce participant packs.
- Please be assured that your details will not be passed on to any other third parties, unless it is to support the charitable objectives of St Elizabeth Hospice. You can opt out of receiving communications at any time by calling 01473 723600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are inherent risks in any physical activity and this event is no exception. You need to be aware of any risks to you personally and any conditions you may have that could be exacerbated by this activity. You assume personal responsibility for your participation and actions during the event.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in a good physical condition and able to participate in this event. If you have any doubts, then we recommend that you seek qualified medical advice before doing so.
- By participating in this event, you fully accept and agree that the organisers or any person associated with this activity will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury to you that may occur during or in connection with this activity.
- We and you will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, regulations and codes in force from time to time.
If you have any questions about the event please contact St Elizabeth Hospice Fundraising team on 01473 723600 or email email@example.com.