Healthcare Assistant/Clinical Support Worker Academy Supported Education Programme (Preceptorship)
This course is for those new to the role of healthcare assistant/clinical support worker, and those who have completed their level 2/3/4 in health and social care.
Are you passionate about health and social care? Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
St Helena is working in partnership with the North East Essex Health and Wellbeing Alliance to provide a supported education program (preceptorship) with a contracted job offer on completion for those who have completed their level 2/3/4 in health and social care.
What is a preceptorship?
A preceptorship is a structured period of transition to support you from when you first gain your qualification into the practical world of your new role. It’s often referred to as a preceptorship programme or preceptorship pathway which include a list of competencies to be completed.
Our programme is designed for those new to the role of a healthcare assistant/clinical support worker.
This package is to support development and to evidence your skills and knowledge to meet essential standards of quality within care. The academy would look to recruit and train HCA/CSW in all practical elements of the role, building on the theoretical qualifications you have already achieved.
The programme includes 12 weeks of training, and upon completion, a contracted position. You will be assigned a mentor (internal preceptor) within the organisation you will be placed with.
What will you gain from the programme?
- 12 months paid employment from the start of the Academy
- Continued support and guidance
- Expert knowledge from specialist educators
- Continued professional development
- Pathways for progression routes
What can you expect?
- Support from the internal preceptor
- Support from the external lead preceptor
- Specialist training around end of life care and dementia
- Work placement
- Bespoke training and development
- Regular spotlight sessions
- Support and guidance through 7 core competencies
- Minimum Level 2 BTEC/NVQ in Health and Social care
- Level 2 Maths
- Level 2 English
- Dedication to the programme for minimum of 1 year