Syringe Driver Training – Part 1 – Theory. This three hour session looks at the fundamentals of symptom control with syringe drivers in palliative care practice. You will need to have participated in this session to be able to progress to Part 2.
Syringe Driver Training – Part 2 – Practice. This three hour session builds on the knowledge gained from Part 1 and looks at the practical side of syringe driver use. You will need to have completed Part 1 before attending this session.
Suitable for doctors, registered nurses and health care professionals
Syringe Driver Training – Part 1 – Theory. Learning Objectives:
- Clinical indications for using a syringe driver.
- Identifying red flags.
- Symptoms palliated with syringe driver medications.
- Commonly used syringe driver medications, conversion calculations, normal doses and rationale for use.
Syringe Driver Training – Part 2 – Practice. Learning Objectives:
- Using the T34 McKinley Syringe Driver in practice – setting up, monitoring, trouble shooting.
- Case study workshop – applying knowledge gained to practice through case study scenarios.