If asked what bowel problems a palliative care patient may experience many people will think of constipation. However, that is only one symptom of an area which for patients can be painful, embarrassing, stressful, anxiety provoking and can affect many of the other symptoms which they have. This course will look at different bowel problems, explore their causes and discuss their management.
Suitable for registered nurses, specialist nurses, health care professionals and allied health professionals.
What will I learn from this course (learning objectives)?
- To be able to outline and recognise different bowel conditions in palliative care
- Medical and holistic management of bowel symptoms
- Where bowel care regimes are needed and how to implement them
- Assessment and evaluation of bowels
- Documentation issues and how to make it work for you