This Pain management session is both informative and interactive. You will explore effects of pain on an individual, how pain and illness can affect the individual’s quality of life, a look at supporting an individual from a carer’s perspective. This session includes tips, suggestion and options to enable the individual to control their pain adequately.
Suitable for care and nursing homes staff, hospice staff, community and district carers and registered nurses, specialist nurses and health care professionals.
What will I learn from this course (learning objectives)?
- Different types of pain
- Explore how pain can affect an individual
- Identify your role within pain management
- How to support an individual with pain management
- Review who you can contact
- When to seek further help
- Documentation and reporting