Namaste care is a structured programme developed by Joyce Simard. It integrates compassionate care which is individualised to those with dementia, especially in the later stages of their illness and end of life care.
This session is an introduction to Namaste and the ‘M Technique which will include the following:
- Advanced dementia/ end of life care
- Individualisation and the Namaste care programme
- Ways in which service users and their families can help to plan and provide activities
- The importance of assessing the needs and abilities of service users before planning activities
- Leading the change within your organisation
- Compassionate care with Namaste the ‘M’ Technique massage (Practical)
Date and time of sessions
- Thursday 11th April from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm at Beccles Library, Blyburgate, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34 9TB
- Tuesday 30th April from 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm at The Education Department, St Elizabeth Hospice, 565 Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP3 8LX
- Friday 13th September from 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm at The Education Department, St Elizabeth Hospice, 565 Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP3 8LX
The cost of the session is £35.00 plus VAT per person.
If you require an invoice use coupon code ‘invoice’.
It is important for Hospice Education that we are able to include everyone with different backgrounds and make the education experience accessible for all. If you have any special requirements or need any reasonable adjustments to be made please email email@example.com in advance of attending the training.
Any other queries should also be directed to the email address above.