This session looks at the need for infection prevention and control in a health and social care environment. The session is informative and interactive and will explore what infection is, and measures to help prevent and control infection in care settings.
Suitable for any health or social care professionals (care and nursing staff home staff, cares in the community and health care professionals) who work with life-limiting conditions or have an interest in developing awareness and skills around preventing infection.
What will I learn from this course (learning objectives)?
- The principles of infection prevention and control
- Policies and procedures around infection prevention including risk assessment
- Define what is an infection
- Explore how is infection spread
- Illustrate Handwashing + practical
- Demonstrate PPE and practical
- Personal hygiene
- Review cleaning and waste disposal