You will explore and assemble approaches to holistic needs assessment to help you overcome the challenges that health professionals encounter. The session will involve interactive work and participation to carry out a holistic assessment. Details of the skills you need and the content that should be included in an assessment. The session will also focus on communication and the challenges you may face with this when carrying out an assessment and how to approach and overcome these. The session will also cover the importance of self-care.
What will I learn from this course (learning objectives)?
- Physical, psychological, social and spiritual assessments
- Patient centred care
- Disease trajectories and triggers to involve palliative care
- Communication skills for difficult topics
- Tools and outcome measures
- Advance care planning shared