The booking Terms and Conditions apply to everyone who takes part in the Firewalk and those who attend as spectators. We want to ensure you have as much fun as possible, so please read through them carefully. Upon registration to this event, you agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions (if you are a parent or guardian of a participant between the ages of 11-17, you agree and accept these on their behalf).
Terms and Conditions and Rules of Entry
Booking process, prices and payment
- If you are making a group booking, please ensure you fill out the personal details of each individual taking part. We will contact you if you do not provide this.
- Under no circumstances, the entry fee is non- refundable and non-transferable.
- Standard registration fee is £25.00 and is available until 23:59 on 19th October 2022.
- Each fire walker will need to pay a non-refundable registration fee of £25 and pledge to raise a minimum of £150.
- There will be no option to sign up on the day for this event.
- You will receive confirmation of your online booking via an automatic email with further details about the day.
- The ticket price covers administration of your entry and one medal.
- Please do not bring the sponsor money with you on the day of the event as there is nowhere to store it and keep it safe. Alternatively, you can bring the money in person to the Hospice in an envelope marked for the Fundraising Team’s attention.
- You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money that you raise in relation to Firewalk to pay for your expenses. If you do not pass all of the money that you raise to St Elizabeth Hospice, you may be committing a criminal offence.
- When attending the event all children aged between 11-17 years old must be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for their safety.
- Please wear sensible clothing to the event
- Everyone is welcome to take part. For those that have a disability due to the nature of the event, please contact the Hospice prior to booking for more details 01473 723600.
- On no account is food or drink to be brought into the event site or consumed during the event. Venue16 will be selling food and drink at the event to purchase and consume on site. St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone under the influence of alcohol.
- If you are pregnant we advise you not to take part, however you can do so at your own risk. St Elizabeth Hospice are not responsible should an accident occur which could potentially cause harm to mother or child, we recommend that you consult your doctor before signing up to the challenge to seek their approval.
- Ideally the walkers should be over the age of 11 years old. However we will consider slightly younger if they are mature. All we ask if under 18 that they are mature enough to listen to the training and will require a parent or guardian to sign a form.
Changes to the Event
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to alter the start time at any time.
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to offer promotional discounts and offers throughout the sales process.
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to cancel this event at any time. In the event of this happening, St Elizabeth Hospice will endeavour to reschedule the event and invite all those already signed up to the revised date.
- If the event is cancelled and is not rescheduled the events team will be in touch regarding refunds
- In the event of a cancellation, the hospice will contact you via direct email and use social media posts to update you accordingly. If the weather is poor, please keep an eye on this and expect to be contacted.
Photography and Video
- Photographs and videos may be taken at the event for publicity purposes to help promote the event and create memories for those taking part. Photographs will be taken of participants throughout the event. These will be used on St Elizabeth Hospice promotional materials. It is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at the registration desk if you do not want to appear in any such materials.
- The photography and video will come from a wide range of sources (including spectators) on a voluntary basis and is sometimes not arranged by St Elizabeth Hospice. If approached by a photographer or videographer, we would ask that you participate in good spirits, however if you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please let them know when approached. We do however reserve the right to use footage or images supplied to us where you might be included.
- St Elizabeth Hospice takes the protection of your information seriously. The Charity is committed to ensuring that it complies with the eight principles of good practice within GPDR 2018. We only obtain personal information with your consent and will only use in a fair and lawful way to further the objects of the Charity. We will always store your personal details securely. We’ll use them to provide you with the service that you have requested, and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have agreed to. Your data may also be used for analysis purposes, to help us to provide the best service possible. We will only allow your information to be used by suppliers working on our behalf and we’ll only share it if required to do so by law. You can find our full policy on our website – stelizabethhospice.org.uk
Please be assured that your details will not be passed on to third parties, unless it is to support the charitable objectives of St Elizabeth Hospice. You can opt out of receiving communications at any time by calling 01473 723600 or email email@example.com
- There are inherent risks in any physical activity and this event is no exception. As you would expect the coals are extremely hot and participating in this activity carries a risk of personal harm. You need to be aware of any risks to you personally and any conditions you may have that could be exacerbated by this activity and assume personal responsibility for your participation and actions during the event.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in a good physical condition and able to participate in this event and if you have any doubts, then we recommend that you seek qualified medical advice before doing so.
- By participating in this event, you fully accept and agree that the organisers or any person associated with this activity will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury to you that may occur during or in connection with this activity.
- Please do not attend the event if you or anyone you live with has any COVID-19 symptoms – If you are unable to attend the event due to COVID-19 please contact the events team on Team@stelizabethhospice.org.uk
- The hospice reserves the right to amend or postpone the event due to COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
- The hospice reserves the right to impose COVID-19 restrictions/ recommendations at the event in order to keep participants safe – we shall be in contact with any further information about this before the event
If you have any questions about the Firewalk 2022 please contact St Elizabeth Hospice on 01473 723600 or email Events.Team@stelizabethhospice.org.uk