The booking Terms and Conditions apply to everyone who takes part in the Firewalk and those who attend as spectators. We want to ensure you have as much fun as possible, so please read through them carefully. Upon registration to this event, you agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions (if you are a parent or guardian of a participant between the ages of 11-17, you agree and accept these on their behalf).
Terms and Conditions and Rules of Entry
1. Booking process, prices and payment
- If you are making a group booking, please ensure you fill out the personal details of each individual taking part. We will contact you if you do not provide this.
- The entry fee is non- refundable and non-transferable.
- Standard registration fee is £25.00 and is available until 23:59 on 24 September 2023.
- Each fire walker will need to pay a non-refundable registration fee of £25 and pledge to raise a minimum of £100.
- There will be no option to sign up on the day for this event.
- You will receive confirmation of your online booking via an automatic email with further details about the day.
- The ticket price covers administration of your entry, a tee shirt, a burger or hotdog and one medal.
- If you are unable to participate for whatever reason you must inform us as soon as possible. You must not exchange, sell or transfer your place onto someone else and we reserve the right to refuse participation where this is found to have taken place.
- Please do not bring the sponsor money with you on the day of the event as there is nowhere to store it and keep it safe. Alternatively, you can bring the money in person to the Hospice in an envelope marked for the Fundraising Team’s attention or make payment via our website.
- Online sponsorship pages are automatically set up for participants on Enthuse.com and this is the preferred method for sponsorship.
- You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money that you raise in relation to Firewalk to pay for your expenses and must pass on 100% of the sponsorship money raised to St Elizabeth Hospice. If you fail to do so you may be committing a criminal offence and we reserve the right to reject any future applications from you to participate in events on behalf of St Elizabeth Hospice.
3. Participant Safety
- When attending the event all children aged between 11-17 years old participating in the event must be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for their safety.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. As the event takes place in a field avoid high heals
- Everyone is welcome to take part. For those that have a disability due to the nature of the event, please contact the Hospice prior to booking for more details 01473 723600.
- Ipswich Rugby Club will be selling food and drink including alcohol at the event to purchase and consume on site. St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove from the event anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If you are pregnant we advise you not to take part, however you can do so at your own risk. St Elizabeth Hospice are not responsible should an accident occur which could potentially cause harm to mother or child, we recommend that you consult your doctor before signing up to the challenge to seek their approval.
- If you suffer with any on-going medical conditions we recommend consulting your doctor before signing up to the challenge.
4. Minimum Age
- Participants must be older than age of 11 years old. Participants aged 11-17 must adhere to training and guidance provided and a parent or guardian must sign a declaration form to accept responsibility for the actions of the participant.
5. Changes to the Event
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to alter the start time, date or venue at any time without liability.
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to offer promotional discounts and offers throughout the sales process. Any such promotions or discounts cannot be offered retrospectively on previous purchased entries.
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to cancel, delay or postpone this event at any time. In the event of this happening, St Elizabeth Hospice will endeavour to reschedule the event and invite all those already signed up to the revised date.
- St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event without liability and without prejudice due to events beyond our control (force majeure) including but not limited inclement weather, acts of god, industrial action, war or civil unrest or power failure.
- If the event is cancelled and is not rescheduled the events team will be in touch regarding refunds.
- In the event of a cancellation, the Hospice will contact you via direct email and use social media posts to update you accordingly. If the weather is poor, please keep an eye on this and expect to be contacted.
8. Photography and Video
- Photographs and videos may be taken at the event for publicity purposes to help promote the event and create memories for those taking part. Photographs will be taken of participants throughout the event. These will be used on St Elizabeth Hospice promotional materials. By entering the event you agree for St Elizabeth Hospice to use any imagery you may feature in for the purposes outlined above. It is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at the registration desk if you do not want to appear in any such materials.
- The photography and video will come from a wide range of sources (including spectators) on a voluntary basis and is sometimes not arranged by St Elizabeth Hospice. If approached by a photographer or videographer, we would ask that you participate in good spirits, however if you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please let them know when approached. We do however reserve the right to use footage or images supplied to us where you might be included.
9. Data protection
- St Elizabeth Hospice takes the protection of your information seriously. The Charity is committed to ensuring that it complies with the eight principles of good practice within GPDR 2018. We only obtain personal information with your consent and will only use in a fair and lawful way to further the objects of the Charity. We will always store your personal details securely. We’ll use them to provide you with the service that you have requested, and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have agreed to. Your data may also be used for analysis purposes, to help us to provide the best service possible. We will only allow your information to be used by suppliers working on our behalf and we’ll only share it if required to do so by law. You can find our full policy on our website – stelizabethhospice.org.uk/privacy-policy
Please be assured that your details will not be passed on to third parties, unless it is to support the charitable objectives of St Elizabeth Hospice. You can opt out of receiving communications at any time by calling 01473 723600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are inherent risks in any physical activity and this event is no exception. As you would expect the coals are extremely hot and participating in this activity carries a risk of personal harm. You need to be aware of any risks to you personally and any conditions you may have that could be exacerbated by this activity and assume personal responsibility for your participation and actions during the event.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in a good physical condition and able to participate in this event and if you have any doubts, then we recommend that you seek qualified medical advice before doing so.
- By participating in this event, you fully accept and agree that the organisers or any person associated with this activity will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury to you that may occur during or in connection with this activity.