4th September 2022, 12:00 PM
12:00 PM to 19:00 PM | Damyns Hall Aerodrome, Aveley Road
Upminster, Essex RM14 2TN
About this Event
Before your flight the team will provide a comprehensive ground and safety briefing when you will need to sign a fitness/waiver declaration. Once strapped into the 5 point harness you will take off for a 10 minute ultimate experience that will include zooms and climbs at speeds up to 130mph and passes near to friends and family.
With 2 high resolution cameras fitted to the aircraft it is possible to record your flight. The recording includes cockpit and engine sounds and is edited then returned to you by post within 28 days in DVD format. The cost of this lasting reminder of your flight is £50 and can be paid for on the day. After your flight you will receive a certificate confirming you have participated in a wing walk.
Terms and Conditions
• Wing Walkers must be between 18 and 65 years old (Doctors letter/note required on the day to confirm fitness for 65 years plus)
• You must be between 5 and 6ft tall (1.52-1.83m)
• You must weigh less than 12 stone (77kg)
• You need to be able to climb up to the top wing of the aircraft (around 10 feet)
• You cannot take part if you have or are suffering from Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, blackouts, fainting or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction
• If you have any pre existing medical conditions which you feel may prevent you from taking part you should consult your doctor
• All wingwalkers will be required to sign a disclaimer prior to taking part
• You will be securely attached to the aircraft at all times using a purpose built CAA approved harness and rig
• You should wear a couple of layers of close fitting comfortable clothing and flat soled lace up footwear
• Earplugs and goggles are provided
• Jewellery will need to be removed for the display
• Pets are not allowed on the airfield
On payment of the deposit, you will be contacted by a member of the challenges team from the hospice. By registering you are committing to raise £1000 for St Elizabeth Hospice and no other charity.
Your fundraising will directly help patients that are receiving our care in East Suffolk, Great Yarmouth and Waveney – part of your fundraising will also cover the cost of your challenge.
Download our Wing Walk Fundraising Tips which will help you achieve your target!
If you would like further information or have a question about the Wing Walk please email email@example.com
If you cannot make the hospice date or there is a special date to you that you would like to do the challenge on, please email Events.Team@stelizabethhospice.org.uk