At St Elizabeth Hospice, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy is written in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is St Elizabeth Hospice of Foxhall Road, Ipswich, Suffolk IP3 8LX.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact the Marketing & Communications Team at St Elizabeth Hospice at 565 Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP3 8LX or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we may collect from you
We collect the following information when you make a donation, submit an online form or otherwise give us personal information:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on this website www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk this includes information provided at the time of registering to use this website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services, we may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website;
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• details of transactions you carry out through this website and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
• details of your visits to this website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
St Elizabeth Hospice is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have strict physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to secure and store your personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to give you the information you have requested;
• to inform you about our fundraising activities;
• to ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
• to notify you about changes to our service.
If you find that you are getting information from us which you do not wish to receive, please contact us please contact the Marketing and Communications Team at St Elizabeth Hospice at 565 Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP3 8LX or email email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
Your personal information is not shared with third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if St Elizabeth Hospice or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of St Elizabeth Hospice, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to know what information is being held about you. You can ask us what information we hold by contacting the Marketing and Communications Team at St Elizabeth Hospice at 565 Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP3 8LX or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the above address.
Please keep your information up to date by letting us know at the above address if the information we hold is incomplete or incorrect.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.