- Set up & share your Enthuse page - You can create your own Enthuse page when you sign up with details of what you
are doing, when and why. You can email links to your friends, family and colleagues anywhere in the world and they can donate online by debit or credit card. St Elizabeth Hospice automatically receives any donations made via your page.
- You can also download and print our sponsorship form
- Hold a festive bake sale - Organise a quick and easy event, like a festive cake sale at your work place, school or group. Ask your colleagues and friends to bake as well. Everyone loves a treat! You could hold a gingerbread decorating competition to make some extra pennies.
- Organise a raffle - Who doesn’t love to win something? Ask local businesses and people you know to donate prizes like wine, chocolates or vouchers for restaurants or shops, and charge £1 per ticket.
- Have a festive night in - Invite your friends over for some mulled wine or beers, nibbles and an evening of festive films, pre-Christmas party pampering or wreath making for a donation in return for being the host.
- Ask your boss to match fund - Many employers will match fund the amounts their employees fundraise. Why not speak with your employer and ask them if they will do this. It is quick and simple and won’t cost you a thing. Usually all they require is a letter from us confirming what you have raised and we will happily provide you with this.
- Do it or Donate! Dare your friends to take on the Christmas Day Dip challenge with you and if they aren’t up for the chilly challenge then ask them for a donation to support you instead!
- Collect your loose change - Decorate an old jar and set it up in your house and pop any loose change you have in there – you can even ask any visitors to do the same.
How donations will help St Elizabeth Hospice this Christmas:
£3 – your donation will go towards the cost of providing Christmas dinners at the hospice. Bringing a sense of togetherness and festive spirit to those in the hospice over Christmas.
£5 – your gift will help fund a Care Co-ordinator being the first point of contact via the telephone, for a patient or their family seeking support over the Christmas period. Often these calls are made during a time of helplessness.
£10 – your contribution will go towards a 90-minute consultation between a nurse consultant and patient in the hospice. Over the Christmas period, the hospice continues to receive referrals.
£20 – your donation will go towards physiotherapy, given to a patient whose aim is to improve mobility enabling them to get home for Christmas to be with family and friends.
£25 – your gift will help towards the cost of a registered nurse covering a night shift on the Inpatient Unit on Christmas Eve into Christmas morning. Besides delivering medication, they deliver presents to spread a little joy.
£30 – your contribution will help towards the reassurance of a clinical nurse specialist could provide a family whose loved one is in the latter stages of illness at home at Christmas. This means they can spend their precious last moments together, in peace.