Status: Part time and relief hours available. Shifts will be a period of 12 hours 8am-8pm and 8pm-8am (the night shift includes a period of time to sleep).
Salary: £12.85 - £13.35 per hour plus sleepin rate
Closing Date: 30/11/2023
At St Elizabeth Care Agency our aim is to provide high-quality, tailor-made services to clients living in their own homes. We support individuals from the age of 18 who, for various reasons, are unable to manage some aspects of their daily lives or access the community. We currently provide services in Woodbridge, Ipswich and surrounding areas.
We are currently recruiting for a female support worker to join a well-established team. You will be supporting a lady in her 30’s, who lives independently in her own home on the outskirts of Ipswich. Your shifts will be a period of 12 hours 8am-8pm and 8pm-8am (the night shift includes a period of time to sleep). Whilst your shifts will generally be set we are seeking applicants that can be flexible in order to cover for annual leave and absences.
The role includes providing support with all aspects of day to day living including moving and handling routines. Our client leads an active life and enjoys going out for meals, coffee, shopping and socialising with friends. As you will be joining a well-established team – shadowing and training is provided. You will be required to drive the client’s accessible vehicle.
Benefits for our Support Workers:
- Competitive salary £12.85 – £13.35 per hour plus sleepin rate
- Refer a friend scheme worth £200 following successful completion of their probation period
- You will be supporting much-loved Suffolk charity, St Elizabeth Hospice
- You will be a member of a dedicated team
- A fulfilling and rewarding role making a difference every day
- Full induction, training and on-going support
- Free handbook and toolkit. Uniform will not be required for this role.
- Regular supervision and team meetings
- Career progression including QCF and the Care Certificate
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card (which offers a wide range of discounts)
Due to the rural location of this role it is essential for the successful applicant to hold a full valid driving licence and have access to their own vehicle. A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role is required.
We are looking for passionate, motivated and caring people who want to provide excellent, quality services. This is a very exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate. If you would like to make a positive difference, feel valued and supported then why not get in touch?
For an application pack or further information, please email: email@example.com or telephone (01473) 707900.
Immediate interviews available
All profits made by the agency are donated to the Hospice to further its work to improve life for people living with a progressive illness.
Please note that this role is open to females only due to the needs of the people you will be supporting.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.