Status: Permanent - 15 hours a week
Salary: £7,764.80 (WTE: £19,412)
Closing Date: 11/10/2022
Interview Date: 21/10/2022
St Elizabeth Hospice is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate person to join our exciting retail centres, who is forward thinking to ensure our retail centres continually meet the progressive and ever changing world of ‘charity retail’.
St Elizabeth Hospice are here for individuals who are living with progressive or life-limiting illnesses wherever we are needed; in their home, in the community or at the in-patient unit at our Ipswich hospice. Last year we supported 3,185 patients ranging from 14 years old and upwards, and we have to generate over 70% of our funding ourselves, and this crucial role will help us to achieve this.
As a Retail Centre Support Assistant you will provide support in the day-to-day operation of the retail centres.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- To support the Retail Centre Operations Manager to achieve agreed financial budgets
- To be hands on in the day to day organisation of the running of the retail area of the centre
- Act as first point of contact for retail customer and donors and provide a high level of customer service
- Ensure Gift Aid donations are understood and actively promoted to volunteers, customers and donors as well as processed correctly during sales
- Set and maintain high standards of merchandising, layout and display
Primarily based at the Holywells Retail Centre you will be required on occasions to provide support at our Martlesham Retail Centre.
Our ideal candidate will have proven retail experience and be flexible in their working hours/days as the ability to work up to a maximum of 37.5 hours a week may be required to cover absences.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For more details about this role please refer to the job description and person specification.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.