Status: 12 month fixed term contract 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £35,530 - £38,665 depending on skills and experience
Closing Date: 31/12/2022
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in east Suffolk living with a progressive or life-limiting illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain; we give life purpose and make life liveable.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Procurement & Contracts Manager to join our Finance Team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
MCIPS (Level 6) or equivalent trained, you will be required to provide a full procurement function for the hospice, ensuring that the procurement framework is fully adopted within the organisation.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Lead procurement projects, working with colleagues at all levels to fulfil purchasing needs across the hospice, negotiating and awarding contracts for goods, services and works within the terms of the St Elizabeth Hospice procurement framework;
- Proactively manage contracts pre-award and post-award, managing supplier relationships and service delivery. Monitor the quality, timeliness and value for money of procured goods and services ensuring issues are addressed promptly with the suppliers and resolved, striving for a win-win outcome;
- Proactively manage and monitor the performance of Service Level Agreements;
- Regularly review, update and maintain the hospice procurement policies and procedures, and in conjunction with the Head of Finance, ensure that these are effectively communicated to all Departments in the Hospice and are adhered to;
- Develop a sustainable and ethical procurement strategy to assist the hospice in delivering its 5 year strategy and aid business performance, improve efficiency and reduce our carbon emissions ensuring supplier performance targets are met;
- Utilise the Hospice Procurement and Finance IT systems (training will be provided) and oversee all Procurement IT systems, undertaking audits as necessary;
- Create a register detailing all contracts and Service Level Agreements held within the Hospice for the provision of goods, services and works. Regularly review and maintain the list ensuring that all key stakeholders are identified, kept informed of changes and involved in key decisions as necessary;
- Manage the Procurement Coordinator, provide procurement guidance and support as necessary and also to all departments in the hospice;
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For further information on the role please refer to the job description and person specification or contact Abby Powlett, Head of Finance on 01473 707030.
Applications will close on appointment of the successful candidate, so we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.