Status: Permanent - 22.5 to 30 hours per week (3 or 4 days)
Salary: (WTE £27,000) £16,200 based on 22.5 hours / £21,600 based on 30 hours
Closing Date: 09/01/2022
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in east Suffolk living with a progressive or terminal illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain; we give life purpose and make life liveable.
We have a small dedicated Finance team and an opportunity has arisen for a Payroll Officer to join us as we implement a completely new finance system in 2022.
The Payroll Officer will support and work with the Head of Finance in the delivery of a high quality payroll service for St Elizabeth Hospice and the subsidiary companies and ensure they comply with all statutory and external requirements and regulations.
This will include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of an accurate and efficient monthly payroll for 400+ employees
- Super user of cloud based payroll system and working with the supplier to ensure updates are implemented and queries resolved in a timely manner
- Administer hospice pension schemes to required scheme rules and procedures, reporting any anomalies to the Head of Finance and Director of Finance.
- Ensure compliance with all HMRC and financial regulations
- Supporting internal and external audits relating to payroll
- To undertake a range of financial duties as directed by the Head of Finance.
- Support the Head of Finance in the preparation of year end working papers relating to payroll.
- Assisting with management reporting and query resolution.
Are you looking for a new challenge in 2022 and would like to be able to use your extensive payroll knowledge and skills within the charity sector?
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other employee benefits.
For further information on the role please refer to the job description and person specification or contact Abby Powlett, Head of Finance on 07913 294488.
Interview date: w/c 17 January 2022