Status: Full time – 37.5 hours per week, including on-call rota
Salary: £20,439 - £22,279 per annum, depending on experience, plus on-call allowance
Closing Date: 09/10/2022
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in east Suffolk living with a progressive or life-limiting illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain; we give life purpose and make life liveable.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and multi-skilled Maintenance Technician to join our Facilities Team to provide a high standard and efficient maintenance service for the Hospice, ensuring the safety and security of the buildings, retail units, patients, staff and visitors at all times.
We are looking for someone who has:
- good all round experience of general maintenance relating to buildings, mechanical and electrical services, and plumbing and gardening
- strong painting & decorating experience
- a full, clean driving licence in order to travel to retail locations
- an ability to prioritise workload without supervision
- excellent interpersonal, communication and social skills
- relevant qualifications as set out in the Person Specification
- basic IT skills
Due to the requirement for on-call attendance, applicants should be able to reach the hospice within 30 minutes. Van and tools are provided.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For further information on the role please refer to the job description and person specification or contact Glenn Markwell, Maintenance & Compliance Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: to be confirmed
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.