Status: Permanent - 37.5 hours per week, including on call rota
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus on call allowance which is currently 8% of full time salary based on 1 week in 5
Closing Date: 10/09/2023
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and multi-skilled Maintenance Team Leader to join our Facilities Team to provide a high standard and efficient maintenance service for the Hospice, ensuring the safety and security of the buildings, retail units, patients, staff and visitors at all times.
Supporting the Head of Estates the successful candidate will be responsible for the team of maintenance technicians and undertaking the general internal and external maintenance of all hospice premises and grounds, including the hospice’s retail portfolio as well as organising corporate volunteer groups for the maintenance and garden teams.
We are looking for someone who has:
- team leader experience
- good all round experience of general maintenance relating to buildings, mechanical and electrical services, decoration, plumbing and gardening
- a full, clean driving licence in order to travel to retail locations
- an ability to prioritise workload without supervision
- excellent interpersonal, communication and social skills
- relevant qualifications as set out in the Person Specification
- basic IT skills
Due to the requirement for on-call attendance, applicants should be able to reach the hospice within 30 minutes. Van and tools are provided.
In 2023, St Elizabeth Hospice merged with East Coast Hospice to form a collaborative approach to developing achievable and sustainable specialist palliative care services for people living the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
The hospice offers a number of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance (above statutory levels)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Insurance
- Occupational sick pay
- Free parking
For further information on the role please refer to the job description and person specification or contact Glenn Markwell, Head of Estates email@example.com
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email. If applying, please keep a check on your emails including your spam/junk folders.