Status: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Up to £31,500 per annum
Closing Date: 29/11/2019
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in east Suffolk living with a progressive or terminal illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain; we give life purpose and make life liveable. We are well respected and praised for our responsiveness and expertise by people we serve.
The successful applicant will be the appointed person for health and safety throughout the hospice and be required to provide a high standard and efficient maintenance and H&S service for the Hospice, ensuring the safety and security of the buildings, patients, staff and visitors at all times.
Responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for all reactive and planned maintenance throughout all hospice premises.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and leading annual technical compliance surveys on all hospice premises. Auditing all new and existing installations, equipment and plant maintenance, site compliance records and general site technical H&S. Ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations, highlighting all non-conformities where necessary.
- Be aware of risk management having the ability to apply the necessary controls when appropriate.
- Work with the facilities manager to prepare new business cases for any maintenance installations or renewals following technical surveys/ audits.
- Work with the Facilities and Health and Safety Coordinator to source comparable quotes following compliance audits.
Applicants must have an H&S qualification (IOSH/TechIOSH/NEBOSH) and extensive experience in a high level H&S role, along with experience of electrical and mechanical maintenance. Excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills are essential, as well as organisational and IT skills. A full clean driving licence is required for this role.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For more details about this role please read the job description and person specification.
Closing date: 29 November 2019
Interview date: w/c 9 December 2019
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.
Thank you for your interest in St Elizabeth Hospice.