Status: 37.5 hours per week (will consider part time)
Salary: circa £28,000
Closing Date: 20/01/2022
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in east Suffolk living with a progressive or terminal illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain; we give life purpose and make life liveable.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Junior Management Accountant to join our Finance Team.
Being AAT qualified, or demonstrating equivalent experience, and in conjunction with the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of financial systems and procedures, reporting of financial performance, production of final accounts and compliance with agreed financial policies, procedures and legislation.
This will include (but not limited to):
- Supporting the Head of Finance with the Production of statutory accounts to agreed audit timetable.
- Producing monthly management accounts to given timetable.
- Supporting the Head of Finance to ensure the prompt recovery of tax reclaimable through gift aid, VAT and any other income taxed at source, keep up to date with changes in tax legislation.
- Deputising for the Payroll Officer and Finance administrators to cover periods of annual leave, absence and high workloads, providing payroll and general administration support where required.
- Working with the Payroll Officer and Finance Administrators on the improvement and implementation of payroll and financial processes and procedures
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For further information on the role please refer to the job description and person specification or contact Abby Powlett, Head of Finance on 01473 707030.
Previous applicants need not apply. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.