Status: Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Closing Date: 12/09/2022
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in east Suffolk living with a progressive or life-limiting illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain; we give life purpose and make life liveable.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Finance Systems Accountant to join our Finance Team.
Being qualified with CIMA/AAT and with relevant accounting experience, along with the Head of Finance you will provide financial systems support and development of processes to ensure delivery of a high quality finance service. To contribute towards reporting of financial performance and production of final accounts and compliance with agreed financial policies, procedures and legislation.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- To undertake a range of financial duties as directed by the Head of Finance
- Ensure accurate recording of all generated income within the finance system by working with Support Services / Retail Teams
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to implement system process change as determined by the requirements of the business
- Ensure that control accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis, working with the finance team to process necessary adjustments and corrections
- Support the finance team to ensure that all invoices are paid accurately and timely
- Line management and development of financial administration team
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For further information on the role please refer to the job description and person specification or contact Abby Powlett, Head of Finance on 01473 707030.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.