Status: Shifts will be for 9 or 12 hour periods to include alternate weekend working.
Salary: Competitive rates of pay from £12.85 - £15.55 plus sleepin rate
Closing Date: 29/02/2024
Ever thought about a career in social care making a positive difference in people’s lives?
We are looking for caring, compassionate and hardworking people to join our well established team.
Our team are proud to deliver ‘outstanding’ (as rated by the Care Quality Commission) personal and practical domestic support to people living in our local community. We support individuals from the age of 18 who, for various reasons, are unable to manage some aspects of their daily lives or access the community. We currently provide services in Woodbridge, Ipswich and surrounding areas.
We are seeking an experienced female support worker to join our team supporting two ladies with complex care needs. The role includes providing support with all aspects of day to day living including moving and handling routines. Our clients are very active in their local communities, the role will include driving their own accessible vehicles.
Shifts will be for 9 or 12 hour periods to include alternate weekend working. Your rota will be provided on a weekly basis, additional hours are available within our domiciliary care services if desired. Due to the nature of our services a full clean driving license with business class 1 insurance and access to a vehicle is essential.
This is what some of our team have said when we asked them why they like working for St Elizabeth Care Agency:
‘The support and care we put in place for individuals in the community is fantastic’
‘Flexibility that suits my life and my other commitments.’
‘I really like that the money made by the care agency goes to help fund the hospice.’
‘Very approachable office/ managerial staff. Flexible working. Good length of client appointments to get things done. Varied tasks.’
‘To work in a supportive team where I feel valued. Knowing that I contribute to making a positive difference in people’s lives, not only to our clients but also to the individuals and families that receive support from the Hospice’
- Competitive rates of pay from £12.85 – £15.55 plus sleepin rate.
- A fulfilling and rewarding role making a difference every day
- Full induction, paid training and ongoing support
- Shadowing with experienced team members prior to lone working
- Free DBS, handbook and toolkit
- Regular supervision, team meetings and 24/7 support
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Career progression including QCF and the Care Certificate
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card (which offers a wide range of discounts)
- Refer a friend scheme worth £200 following successful completion of their probation period
- We offer new starters in the sector or individuals who have not worked in healthcare for the last two years a potential £750 bonus after three months of employment with us. This is with ‘The Kick Start for Care scheme’ * subject to criteria.
If you would like to make a positive difference in people’s lives, feel valued and supported then why not get in touch?
How to apply:
For an application pack or further information, please email: email@example.com or telephone: (01473) 707900.
*Please note that this role is open to females only due to the needs of the people you will be supporting. This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK – we do not offer Visa Sponsorship.
All profits made by the agency are donated to the Hospice to further its work to improve life for people living with a progressive illness.