Status: Fixed term contract for 12 months
Salary: up to £25,000.00
Closing Date: 22/11/2020
Interview Date: 30/11/2020
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people living with a life-limiting or incurable illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain; we give life purpose and make life liveable.
We are looking to appoint into the new position of Compassionate Communities Project Coordinator to establish and develop a Compassionate Community in Halesworth, Suffolk, by enabling a community partnership approach, while also supporting the development of compassionate communities throughout the Waveney area.
You will be required to:
- network and collaborate with relevant stakeholders and interested participants from voluntary, community, public and private sectors, other stakeholders and funding partners including the NHS, County and District councils.
- create stronger connections between people living in our community to support each other before and after living with a life-limiting diagnosis, end of life and bereavement.
- ensure that communities have the skills, capacity and appropriate networks to support each other before and after end of life.
- identify and celebrate local initiatives and interventions being delivered, coordinating a database of services.
- organise and coordinate events, workshops, information sessions and training to raise awareness of the Compassionate Community approach.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For more details about this role please read the job description and person specification or for an informal discussion please contact Greg Cooper, Compassionate Communities Lead Project Manager on 07823 444193 or via email Greg.Cooper@stelizabethhospice.org.uk
Closing date: 22 November 2020
Interviews: 30 November 2020
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and this will be via email, and interviews will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Thank you for your interest in St Elizabeth Hospice.