Salary: up to £25,925 subject to market review
Closing Date: 27/02/2019
Hours: 37.5 per week
Interview date to be confirmed
St Elizabeth Hospice is seeking an inspiring and creative community fundraiser who is looking for their next challenge. Our amazing hospice currently supports over 2,500 people and their families in East Suffolk every year that are living with a terminal illness. But the demand for our services is growing, and so our need for support is also growing. The exciting news is that St Elizabeth Hospice has recently expanded its services in to South Norfolk and fundraising from the communities of South Norfolk and East Suffolk is at the heart of our strategic plans.
Reporting to the Area Fundraising Development Manager the role holder will work within the Community Fundraising Team to develop and implement plans for maximising income and support from the communities of East Suffolk & South Norfolk. You will proactively engage with individuals and groups to create opportunities for the hospice to generate income to meet agreed targets and recruit volunteers whilst raising awareness of the hospice.
You will be required to:
- Manage, achieve and where possible exceed agreed income and development targets, taking a lead and individual responsibility for specific activities and campaigns and within your allocated geographic area.
- Lead on the development of the hospice friends fundraising groups, providing support and inspiration to maximise income including establishing new groups in identified development areas.
- Provide an exceptional five star level of supporter care and stewardship to ensure that relationships with supporters and donors are maintained and developed.
- Work with the Community Fundraising Manager to promote and develop community fundraising activities working to agreed KPIs
- Develop and maintain a sound understanding of all work undertaken by St Elizabeth Hospice and the hospice movement.
The ideal candidate will have proven work experience in fundraising, marketing or business development with comfortable with working in a busy, fast-paced environment with constant changing priorities and no day being the same.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For more details about this role please click on the vacancy description and person specification or for an informal chat please call Felicity Rook, Head of Fundraising on 01473 707028.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.