Salary: £24,939.00 - £26,443.50
Closing Date: 02/05/2021
Hours: 30 – 37.5 hrs per week
Could you be our new Community Fundraiser?
St Elizabeth Hospice is seeking a passionate, proactive and inspiring fundraiser or networker who is looking for their next challenge. We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and creative Community Fundraiser to join our team to help build relationships with individuals, schools and groups and to implement plans for maximising income and support from the communities of Mid and East Suffolk.
About St Elizabeth Hospice:
St Elizabeth Hospice are there for individuals who are living with progressive or life-limiting illnesses wherever we are needed; in their home, in the community or at the in-patient unit at our Ipswich hospice. Last year we supported 3,185 patients ranging from 14 years old and upwards, and we have to generate over 70% of our £12.9 million funding ourselves, and this crucial role will help us to achieve this.
About the Role:
It is an exciting time to join our team with a number of great projects which the Community Fundraiser will be involved with from our Great Garden Trail, Christmas Tree Recycling to our Wild in Art Trail in 2022. This role will build, develop and nurture a fundraising pipeline across the mid and East Suffolk areas. You will be well supported in your role, but have the autonomy to develop and grow. The work is fast paced and will be varied, interesting and hugely rewarding. Reporting to the Community Relationship Fundraising Manager, you will proactively engage with individuals and groups to create opportunities to generate income to meet agreed targets whilst raising awareness of the hospice.
Key elements of the role include:
• To manage and achieve development targets, taking a lead and individual responsibility for specific projects and campaigns in your area.
• Provide support to our hospice friends fundraising groups, and the development of establishing new groups in identified development areas.
• Provide an exceptional five star level of supporter care and stewardship to ensure that relationships with supporters and donors are maintained and developed.
• Work with the Community Relationship Fundraising Manager to promote and develop community fundraising activities working to agreed KPIs
• Develop and maintain a sound understanding of all work undertaken by St Elizabeth Hospice and the hospice movement.
• To develop and manage a pipeline of support and to proactively approach schools, groups and organisations to deliver presentations and information about the hospice services.
The ideal candidate will have extensive proven work experience in the fundraising sector, marketing or new business development, and ideally a fundraising qualification.
To be considered for this role you should come to us with proven experience generating income or managing relationships, be able to build new and manage existing relationships giving a first class supporter journey. You will need to be a confident communicator and a team player. Through your passion, you should be engaging in order to enlist the support of those you approach. You will have a good local knowledge of the Suffolk area.
Join us and you’ll become part of our team that cares about the work they do and the people they work with to make a difference for local people with life-limiting or progressive illness.
Although the role is based at St Elizabeth Hospice, there is a requirement that each week you will be field based. During the current Covid-19 pandemic restrictions you will be working from home for some of the time until all the restrictions have been lifted. For an informal chat about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are scheduled for 10/11 May 2021.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.