Salary: £24,939.00 - £26,443.50
Closing Date: 21/02/2021
Hours: 30 – 37.5 hrs per week
St Elizabeth Hospice is seeking a proactive and inspiring community fundraiser who is looking for their next challenge. As we head to our new financial year we have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and creative Community Fundraiser to join our team to help build relationships and to implement plans for maximising income and support from the communities of Mid and East Suffolk.
St Elizabeth Hospice are here for individuals who are living with progressive or life-limiting illnesses wherever we are needed; in their home, in the community or at the in-patient unit at our Ipswich hospice. Last year we supported 3,185 patients ranging from 14 years old and upwards, and we have to generate over 70% of our funding ourselves, and this crucial role will help us to achieve this.
Reporting to the Community Relationship Fundraising Manager, you will proactively engage with individuals and groups to create opportunities to generate income to meet agreed targets whilst raising awareness of the hospice.
You will be required to:
- generate support and income from local communities in Mid and East Suffolk.
- manage and achieve development targets, taking a lead and individual responsibility for specific projects and campaigns in your area.
- provide support to our hospice friends fundraising groups, and the development of establishing new groups in identified development areas.
- provide an exceptional five star level of supporter care and stewardship to ensure that relationships with supporters and donors are maintained and developed.
- work with the Community Relationship Fundraising Manager to promote and develop community fundraising activities working to agreed KPIs.
- develop and maintain a sound understanding of all work undertaken by St Elizabeth Hospice and the hospice movement.
- proactively approach schools, groups and organisations to deliver presentations and information about the hospice services.
The ideal candidate will have extensive proven work experience in the fundraising sector, marketing or new business development, and ideally a fundraising qualification. Must be comfortable with working in a busy, fast-paced environment with constant changing priorities and no day being the same. Knowledge of the Suffolk area is essential.
Although the role is based at St Elizabeth Hospice, there is a requirement that each week you will be field based. During the current Covid-19 pandemic restrictions you will be working from home.
For more information about the role please use the link below to view the job description and person specification, alternatively please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are scheduled for 22/23 February 2021.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.