Status: Permanent - 15 & 16 hour contracts
Salary: WTE £19,000
Closing Date: 12/06/2022
Hours: 15 hours a week
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 12.00 – 16.00 and every other Saturday 12.30 – 18.30
Salary: £7,600 per annum (WTE £19,000)
Hours: 16 hours a week
Monday and Friday 12.30 – 18.30 and Thursday 12.00 – 16.00
Salary: £8,106 per annum (WTE £19,000)
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in East Suffolk living with a progressive or life limiting illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain, we give life purpose and make life liveable.
We are looking for Catering Assistants to join our dedicated team within the Facilities Department.
You will be required to assist the Chef and catering team in preparation and delivery of food for patients, employees and visitors within the hospice and associated buildings, ensuring a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and quality is maintained.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the preparation and serving of food.
- Liaising with in-patients and day care on a daily basis to get their menu choice advising as necessary on special requirements and dietary needs, and nutrition.
- Provide front of house service including to take payment for meals from staff and visitors.
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of some meals such as breakfasts, jacket potatoes, Panini’s, sandwiches, pastas, omelettes, soups and desserts.
- Ensuring that the coffee machines are kept fully stocked.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in catering, preferably within a healthcare environment, and with COSHH awareness and a valid driving licence. It is essential to have the ability to understand and comply with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For more details about these role, please read the Job Description and Person Specification or to discuss please contact Jules Kennedy, Hospitality Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01473 727776.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.
Thank you for your interest in St Elizabeth Hospice.