Status: Permanent - 22 hours per week (Mondays-Thursdays 11.45-3.45 and Fridays 12.30-6.30)
Salary: £11,648.26 (WTE £19,855)
Closing Date: 13/11/2022
We are looking for Catering Assistants to join our dedicated team within the Facilities Department.
You will be required to assist the Chef and catering team in preparation and delivery of food for patients, employees and visitors within the hospice and associated buildings, ensuring a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and quality is maintained.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the preparation and serving of food.
- Liaising with in-patients and day care on a daily basis to get their menu choice advising as necessary on special requirements and dietary needs, and nutrition.
- Provide front of house service including to take payment for meals from staff and visitors.
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of some meals such as breakfasts, jacket potatoes, Panini’s, sandwiches, pastas, omelettes, soups and desserts.
- Ensuring that the coffee machines are kept fully stocked.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in catering, preferably within a healthcare environment, and with COSHH awareness and a valid driving licence. It is essential to have the ability to understand and comply with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in East Suffolk living with a progressive or life-limiting illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain, we give life purpose and make life liveable.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
If you would prefer a paper copy of the application form, please contact the People and Culture team either via email on email@example.com or by phone on 01473 727776 and ask for the People and Culture team.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Jules Kennedy, Hospitality Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01473 727776.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.
Thank you for your interest in St Elizabeth Hospice.