Salary: £3,353.76 (WTE: £16,768.80)
Closing Date: 02/12/2019
Part Time: 7.5 hours on a Monday (additional hours may be available to cover annual leave and sickness)
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people in east Suffolk living with a progressive or terminal illness. Our work is centred on an individual’s needs, which means specialist support, whenever and wherever it is needed, whether at home, in the community or at the hospice. Through medicine and therapy we ease pain; we give life purpose and make life liveable.
We are looking for an experienced Catering Assistant to join our team. Our Catering Team provides high quality meals for our patients, visitors and staff as well as catering for outside hospice events.
You will be required to:
- assist the chefs with the preparation and serving of food.
- prepare and cook breakfast, jacket potatoes, paninis, sandwiches and salad bar.
- operate various machines and equipment in relation to the preparation of food and cleaning of the kitchen and dining areas.
- take payment for meals from staff and visitors.
- assist with the serving of meals to patients, staff and visitors.
Our ideal candidate with have a Basic Food Hygiene certificate, and experience in a catering setting, preferably in a healthcare environment.
The hospice offers a generous holiday allowance, pension and other staff benefits.
For more details about this role please read the job description and person specification.
Closing date: 2 December 2019
Interview date: w/c 9 December 2019
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted, and invitation to interview will be sent by email.
Thank you for your interest in St Elizabeth Hospice.